Sunday, June 20, 2010

I heard that shampoo's that advertise shine are really coating your hair in a thin layer of pla

Like Pantene Pro-V Icey Shine. A med student friend of mine told me that the conditioner is really coating your hair in plastic? Is this true? If so is that bad for your hair?



I heard that shampoo's that advertise shine are really coating your hair in a thin layer of plastic...?

As a licensed cosmetologist I can tell you that it is in fact coating the hair with wax. 99% of the time when I shampoo a client's hair who is using a wax based shampoo, I can feel it. This is bad for your hair because, sure, at first the shine is nice, but after a while, the wax builds up, causing it to look dull. Also, with any sort of buildup on your hair shaft, you are prohibiting any moisture to actually get into the hair. There are plenty of good professional products that can deliver the same amount of shine as the kind you buy in the grocery store.



I heard that shampoo's that advertise shine are really coating your hair in a thin layer of plastic...?

no, not plastic ... but it coats it with wax.



I heard that shampoo's that advertise shine are really coating your hair in a thin layer of plastic...?

I work at a hair salon as the tanning bed manager, and the women I work with swear that Pantene is the worst shampoo for your hair. They even told me that they can tell which customers use Pantene by the coating on their hair that comes off only after using their professional shampoo, and that those people's hair is always more damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter